Saturday, July 5, 2014

Best Products for Acne



Items from left to right:

e.l.f. Studio Acne Fighting Foundation in Buff
Clearing the acne while concealing it? It's a win win situation. This formula is very lightweight and has pretty good coverage. It covers most if not all of my scars and I find that I don't have to use a ton of concealer over this. Another plus is that it keeps my acne from getting worse which is a miracle compared to other acne foundations I have tried. Usually after I remove my makeup, I find a new spot and it was like a routine; however, with this foundation, my spots are smaller and new ones don't reappear every day. 

Biore Charcoal Cleanser 

I got a sample of this with a magazine awhile back, and  I loved it so much I went out and bought a full size bottle the minute I finished the sample. Anyhow, this cleanser cools the skin (it's very therapeutic to be honest) and it leaves it feeling refreshed. Cleansers generally dry out my skin, but this one cleansed all the oils and left my skin feeling soft and clean so I usually start my morning by washing my face with this. Also, a little bit goes a long way. It last forever! Well, not forever I guess, but close to it. 

Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser

Okay so this is one of those beauty items that I will probably buy forever. It's amazing. It's a very simple cleanser for all skin types and it does what it's supposed to do: cleanse. But I think that's why it's awesome. It makes my skin feel new (if that makes sense?). It's so simple that it doesn't agitate my skin and it leaves it feeling perfect. 

Clarisonic Mia 2

If you don't have one of these then you definitely should consider getting one asap! It's an investment but it's worth it. This with a simple cleanser (like Purity) does wonders for the skin. It clears dead skin cells and leaves your face feeling radiant. I recommend switching the head from the normal one that comes with the clarisonic to a sensitive skin one. The sensitive skin one is softer for skin and doesn't feel rough on the face.

St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser 

St. Ives has been changing the look of this product, I'm pretty sure I have gotten a different design every time I've bought this. Anyway, this product was great for clearing acne, but if your skin is sensitive I may not recommend it. It exfoliates but it did the job for my T-Zone. If I get a couple of new spots I use this and it clears it pretty quickly. 

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

Every single person with oily skin needs to have this! Acne is caused by oil clogged pores so to prevent that these blotting sheets will get the oil off your face before they can clog your pores. It leaves an awesome matte finish and it feels nice to not feel like your face is shining brighter than the sun. 

Yes to Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes  

These will be your best friend. It's a quick remedy for being too tired to completely remove your makeup and cleanse your face. Annnddd in the morning you can refresh your face with these too. Basically it's cheating the 7th rule for my Acne 101 posts earlier. 


Hopefully I could recommend some cool products and help you on the quest for clear skin!






11 comments:

  1. Great post, very informative :) I suffered from bad acne and its left my skin badly scarred :( I have been using products that help to heal the skin but really like the sound of the Elf acne foundation!! Going to give this a shot xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the struggle of acne scars. Why does acne have to leave such dark marks?? Anyway, thanks for reading my post and I really hope you like the foundation! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post,dear:)
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :) Will definitely keep in touch!

      Delete
  3. Great post Courtney! This will defiantly help others who are in need of these products! Im officially your 1st follower via GFC! If you could follow back that would mean a lot :)

    Rebecca | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you sooo much! It means a ton! Definitely followed back. I love your blog! :)

      Delete
    2. Your welcome! It means a lot that you followed back too, and checked my blog out thanks xo

      Delete
  4. I love this post! I am definitely giving you a follow! I have the clarisonic aria and it really was such a huge relief for my skin! My blog is a little similar to yours and it would really mean a lot if you checked my blog out and maybe left a comment telling me what you think or if you like it a follow back?xx

    wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much!! I checked out your blog and I really like it! I want to follow you back but can't find your follow widget. :/ Do you have a Google Friend Connect or Bloglovin? If you can comment the link, I'd be happy to follow back! :)

      Delete
  5. Omg i love the St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser! The oatmeal one is pretty nice too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've been really curious about the oatmeal one, but I'll definitely have to try it! :D

      Delete