Thursday, July 3, 2014

Acne 101

If your skin is anything like mine, then you've probably used every product in the drugstore and had zero results. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is.

Here is what you need to know:
  1. Acne is not going to go away overnight. Don't be discouraged if it just looks like it's getting worse. 
  2. Try not to touch your face. I know how hard it is if you have bangs, but maybe clip them from your face if you keep fumbling with them. 
  3.  Pat your face dry, don't rub. Rubbing will agitate the skin more and prolong the healing process. 
  4. Wash your pillow sheets often. When you sleep, oils are released and it's definitely not helping your acne. 
  5. Find a face wash specially for acne. If it just says cleanser it won't help fight acne.
  6.  Wear makeup specified for acne. It will help clear the skin and prevent further breakouts while other foundations will clog your pores and cause more acne.
  7. Wash your face every day: morning and night. Yes, everyday and two times a day. Don't skip a day!
These are the basic steps which will definitely help reduce acne slowly but surely. Step 7 is the most important step. If you're going to pick just one step this is the one. Personally, this was the hardest step to follow through. I'm not going to lie, there have been nights where I've been so exhausted I've slept with my makeup on. Oops.

Give these steps a try! Look out for a post about my current skincare and products I recommend!



No comments:

Post a Comment